Edward Milas is an extraordinary problem solver.
He loves to develop strategies to help his clients resolve their legal issues. With a strong sense of urgency, he responds to client concerns and provides options and solutions. As part of his responsiveness, Edward is no stranger to the courthouse. He is an experienced and effective courtroom lawyer. He is a graduate of the Family Law Trial Advocacy Institute, the foremost divorce trial skills course in the country. Edward uses all of his skills to resolve matters amicably, but when that cannot be accomplished, he confidently advocates for his clients in court.
Edward prides himself on his attention to detail. He has the ability to understand and address even the most complicated legal challenges. He unwinds intricate legal and factual knots and develops realistic plans that provide efficient and long lasting solutions.
Edward appreciates the support of his team members. As he notes, “it’s great to know that I have immediate access to team members who have special talents suited for all issues in a divorce case. It allows me to focus my work on one area of the case while other areas are being expertly cared for.”
His most memorable experience involved vacating an improperly obtained divorce. According to Edward, his client’s “…emotion, relief, and joy was something I won’t forget.” Edward’s prompt action allowed his client to restore her rights to her former spouse’s retirement benefits, denied by her spouse’s fraud.
Edward combines intellect, energy, and problem solving skills to help his clients achieve outstanding results.
He can be contacted via email at Edward@peskindlaw.com.
- B.A. Loyola University of Chicago (magna cum laude)
- J.D. Loyola University of Chicago School of Law
- Northwestern University, Chicago, Illinois: Mediation Skills Training Program
- Harvard University School of Law, Cambridge Massachusetts: Harvard Project on Negotiation
- Collaborative Law Institute of Illinois, Rockford Illinois: Collaborative Law Training
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Kane County Bar Association